Sunday, April 28, 2013

Test Map

Following on from my previous post I tried out the random mapping just to see what I might come up with. I've tried both having the rivers follow the hex edges and flow through the middle. This example is one with them following the edges. I'll post an example of the other type once I get it cleaned up. Since I didn't have any paper with large hexes handy when I did the tests I just drew some really rough "hexes" (and a few pentagons and other shapes) on paper with pencil, scanned the result later when I had access to my scanner, and then cleaned it all up in a drawing program.


1 comment:

  1. I like the rivers following hex sides. One of the biggest problems with the original Mighty Empires was that the rivers all went right through the middle. So instead of having rivers as natural boundaries, players - who otherwise should have been allies - fought over who controlled each "river valley" hex.

    ReplyDelete