Monday, November 26, 2018

Rose Red and the Eight Bears

Well, bear knight dwarves. These figures were originally part of a kickstarter. Now available through The Assault Group. I recently realized that I had not received my set of these from the kickstarter so I contacted the person in charge of the project and he kindly sent me a replacement set.

They are nice single part metal miniatures that fit in well with the chunky GW style of old. There are the command figures (hornblower/bugler, banner-bearer, and leader - the latter does not come with a shield but his hand is raised in a 2 finger salute, so I added a shield myself), and a few regular troops with big hammers. The set I received also included the dwarf spear maiden, alluringly raising her skirt a bit to show a little leg. I didn't get very creative with the color scheme, mostly going with a similar scheme to the ones I have seen online, but maybe simpler.


9 comments:

  1. They look great. I have some of these dwarfen knights ( with different crests somewhere in the lead pile.) and must look them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yeah, they have other dwarf knights, foot and mounted, and plenty of other great figures.

      Delete
  2. Once again a lovely set of models nicely painted Fitz :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I feel like I have been getting into a nice "groove" painting dwarves. First I do what little skin is usually showing (noses mostly ha ha), then beards and hair. Then the clothing, armor and everything else.

      Delete
  3. Great looking dwarf knights,n nic metal finishes!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you've painted them as polar bears (or albino bears?)! I think the blue works very well with them!

    Rose is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim! I would say polar bears with the black noses. I just did a basic paint job based on the official minis on their website (white bears, with blue). :)

      Nice to have some female dwarf minis once in a while, too.

      Delete
    2. Old Glory makes some Dwarf Shieldmaidens as well:

      https://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/proddetail.asp?prod=GD-25

      https://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/proddetail.asp?prod=GD-27

      Lead Adventure Minis also makes a few:

      https://lead-adventure.de/index.php?k=4&lang=eng

      Delete
  5. I actually have some of the Old Glory ones. I think I have seen the Lead adventure ones at some point, but lost track of them. Maybe a late Christmas present... ha ha

    ReplyDelete