Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Some Character Art

 I was playing around with creating characters for various RPGs. I find it can be fun in its own right, and a good way to explore various RPG systems. In the process I also started drawing character portraits for a few of them, for the fun and for the practice.

These are ones I did for some sci-fi/space opera RPGs. Drawn with a Sakura Pigma pen on watercolor paper, and painted with colored inks, which can be treated like watercolor paints.











4 comments:

  1. I LOVE these! I'd love to know a bit more about each of these characters! What system were you making characters.

    I've made far, FAR more characters for RPGs than I've ever actually played.

    I mean, I like making characters for Traveller WAY MORE than I actually like PLAYING Traveller. It always seemed a weird concept - playing retirees in space... I'd be more interested in playing out all those things I rolled for in their careers.

    Also I've had session of just making characters for Savage Worlds using the Savage Worlds Fantasy Character Generator Toolkit. It's a book with HUNDREDS of tables you roll on in a series to make a totally random character - and you end up with a fully-fleshed out character with back story. Sometimes you roll up stuff that is just BONKERS. Occasionally the characters are just unplayable. Usually, it generates totally playable, interesting characters with a full backstory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    It was a skirmish/rpg game called Farthest Star.
    The insect guy turned out to be not unlike a Jedi. Rover is a beast character, which is one of a number of types players can have in their crew. The two humans are more or less your standard humans. And the dwarf is a tech guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super looking character sketches!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete