I think all of these had separate heads, and some had separate hands. I pinned the hands to make the bond more secure. For the heads, the set of minis came with various heads that could go on different minis, so you could mix them around to suit. I also found/scavenged a few heads from other places, some loose heads from some other minis that came with separate heads (I think some came from Hasslefree Minis, from a set with heads to spare), and some heads I clipped off of other minis.
There are a few more law enforcement figures of various types.
(two angles of this space cowboy since it was hard to get a good shot of him without shadows)
And a group I painted mostly in reds, as a possible crew or team of some sort.





These look great painted up and will give great service keeping the Law.
ReplyDeleteThanks! They were fun to paint. Diehard makes a lot of great minis, in metal. Nice and old school, for an old school mini painter. :D
DeleteGreat looking law teams!
ReplyDeleteBest Iain
Thanks, Iain!
DeleteVery nice collection of space coppers.
ReplyDeleteI like the one with the blue skin and purple hair! Looks like something I would paint! I also love the red armour and equipment with gold/brass accents on the four of them! They look super flash!
The guy in the firs picture showing his phone/micro tablet is really interesting - he's kind of got that stereotypical flashing his badge pose. it took me a moment to realize his badge is on his chest and what he's flashing is something with a screen - presumably showing an electronic arrest or search warrant? Very cool!
And a Space Marshal? Why not! Firefly is essentially a space-western. Why not lean into it with cowboy hats and pretty floral bonnets!
Thanks, Tim! Yeah, I'm trying to vary them up a bit and add some things like the trope of "blue-skinned aliens", so they aren't all just humans. I see the red team as more outside the law, some sort of pirates or elite raiders or corporate "dirty work" team, or the group the big bad sends out to do their bidding. Anyway, none of them have stars.
DeleteDiehard also has some space zombies, but I don't think I have any uses for those. I do have more of their minis waiting in the wings and more from a recent KS coming later this year. But currently on my painting desk are a few old GW metal 40K minis, which I hope to finish in the next several days.