Thursday, March 14, 2019

Lizards

These figures came with the kickstarter from Fanath that included the frogs in my previous post at Tales of Frogs.

There is the frog mystic/magician/leader seated on a stone throne (with a cushion), the really big guy with a sort of toothed sword (or chainsaw?) and the veteran lizard warrior.

6 different warriors


And a couple of stone markers (with assorted little reptiles and amphibians)

Some of the 2 part (or more) lizards didn't fit together quite as well as the frogs, but I think I filled in any gaps well enough with greenstuff (kneadatite putty). I tried basing the various paint schemes on actual reptiles and amphibians.

9 comments:

  1. Oh lovely! I like the frog mystic but the lizard warriors are ace the Aztec armour is fab!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They took a while to paint, too. But they are fun.

      Delete
  2. These look great! That frog mystic looks is quite a colorful character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were made for fantasy football miniatures games (like Bloodbowl), which I don't play. But the minis were too cool to pass up.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! As I mentioned, I based the colors more or less on real world reptiles and amphibians, both the bigger frog guy and lizard guys and the smaller snake, lizards, etc. I find it helps me make decisions about paint schemes. otherwise I find myself painting and repainting trying to find a look I like.

      Delete
  4. Nice! They look a little like they could be used in some fantasy sports game (like Blood Bowl?) and the Frog could be the coach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      You hit it right on the nose - that's actually what they were designed for. But even though I don't play such games I couldn't resist the minis. I figured they could work for fantasy and sci-fi games, too.

      Delete
    2. Ah, Cool! Back when we were playing Mordhiem, a friend of mine acquired an old Orc blood bowl team and had be convert it to be a Mordhiem warband by adding swords and axes to their hands. The back story being - this is what they did in the offseason. It ended up looking really cool. He's recently talked about getting some wizards and using them as a Frostgrave Warband.

      Delete