Monday, July 22, 2019

Security!

More metal minis from Heresy Miniatures. I love these! Lots of character. Could work as station security or customs or similar types.

Some of them have names in my mind - Cliff on the left holding a cup of coffee, Pam next to him, then The Major (former military or just a wannabe?), Bert and Ernie (or is it Ernie and Bert?), Brewster on the far right)


Some of the same from different angles and a couple of others, plus a heroine/villain or other character type.

Pam and Cliff again, then Moriarty, The Major again, and unnamed woman (Woman with No Name?.


I will probably work up some way of using these in Core Space (sci-fi skirmish game from Battle Systems) eventually.

7 comments:

  1. Nice paint job Fitz & would Bert & Ernie or Ernie & Bert be named after characters from a famous street ? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or a Wonderful Life (that movie had Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver). :)

      Although I was thinking more of the street when I put their names down.

      Delete
  2. They do look great! As you say, so much character - and naming and personalizing them gives them so much more. I love the idea of Bert and Ernie in space! Perhaps the names of their ship/station could be the Snuffleuphagus!

    I really like your ship/station/future building interior details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I got the Core Space base game (missed out on the kickstarter and extras), which is where the terrain comes from. They have "factions" for Galactic Corp and for Security, which are not in the base game, but are described in the deluxe guidebook. So I didn't get the minis, but I can use these as proxies. Then I think the only thing I lack is the special die that determines their actions, but I can substitute a D6 and match that up to the descriptions of their possible actions in the book. Not sure if I would need anything else to include them. Maybe some small "boards" with some info and I need to find out when and how they arrive in the game.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant! Love the different characters, whilst still holding together as a unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I didn't even realize a couple of them belonged (The Major and Moriarty) until I was part way through painting them. In the case of Moriarty (the guy in the fez), he has the uniform, but with the jacket sleeves removed and a different hat. In the case of The Major, it was more about painting him to fit in by color choices.

      Delete
  4. Nice mix of characters,they look great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete