Tuesday, July 21, 2026

More Sci-Fi Minis

 More sci-fi minis from Crooked Dice. Vaguely frog-like aliens, of various types.

Doctor or medic


Scribe or scholar

Field scientist or prospector

Merchants


Noble or priest or mystic? It might not be clear in the photo but this figure seems to be floating on their toes.


Retainers, guard and servant?



12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! The hardest part for me was figuring out color schemes.

      Delete
  2. What amazing and characterful miniatures. Lovely work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been working on adding to my sci-fi collection, and especially wanting to add more aliens, ala Star Wars (but not necessarily Star Wars per se), as well as NPCs/background characters.

      Delete
  3. Wow! I love all of these!

    Kind of reminds me a bit of Hell Comes to Frogtown! (with Rowdy Roddy Piper and Sandahl Bergman!)

    Which is KIND OF sci-fi - post-apocalyptic - with MUTANTS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim! I hadn't heard of that movie. I don't know if Crooked Dice has any "lore" for their minis.

      Delete
    2. It's often referred to as a "cult hit"... Which, I generally feel means this movie was bad... but it's so bad, it's kind of funny... They definitely didn't take themselves too seriously when they made it.

      I saw it at the Broadway Theatre in Saskatoon when it was first released and then a few more times on video over the years, for laughs. I'm reluctant to watch it again, as many of those sorts of. movies I watched "for laughs" in the 80s/90s... just don't make me laugh anymore, they're just bad. Maybe it wouldn't be THAT bad... Not sure I want to chance it!

      Wow, nostalgia had me looking it up just now and I learned there was, not one, but TWO sequels to the film?!

      Not sure I want to look into those either. I bought a four disc box set of the Crow and all it's sequels years ago and discovered the Crow was not nearly as good as I remember it... each of the sequels was increasingly worse! I don't think we even watched the last one, they were so bad!

      Delete
    3. Ah, yeah, nostalgia. Some things don't hold up so well. Also, "cult hit" sounds like a step down from "cult classic". ha ha

      Delete
  4. Great work painting these very interesting figures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking not Slann type characters!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Iain! Ah, I forgot about Slann. Seems froggy figures abound! ha ha

    ReplyDelete