Friday, June 7, 2019

The Nine Dwarves

Here's my latest, more old dwarves from Foundry (sculpted by Kev Adams, who is well-known for the many goblins he has done for Citadel/GW and others over the years, including some recent kickstarters).

The latest batch of 9 dwarves. All different, but I tried to tie them together by using the same general color palette.


Then the whole group, including 7 I painted some time ago (on the black squares). These were all from two boxed sets.


In the pics you can also see the cardboard insert from some electronics, which I think could be made into a terrain piece - the shape of this one looks like it might be good for a building complex.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, that's one of the things I like about them. Very chunky, with lots of solid detail and character. Fitting for dwarves. (I only wish they had maybe done some female dwarves, too; most of the female dwarves I have found from other companies don't fit so well with this style)

      Delete
    2. Do the female dwarves have beards?

      Delete
    3. Most of the female dwarf figures I have encountered (and the small number I have) do not have beards. And that fits with my concept of them. Of course, one could always say some of the bearded dwarves are female.

      Delete
  2. Great looking bunch of Rennaisance dwarves! I agree about the packaging,hills or building?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'm thinking building since it's a bit too regular for a natural hill. Maybe a sort of desert-y Star Wars-ish structure; with some added bits to make it look the part.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I like the blue with red and yellow accents! Look like a solid unit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Foundry images show them in a variety of colors, but I liked the idea of a more uniform set of colors, so they could be a unit (city watch, some sort of militia or veteran unit, etc.). Made it easier to paint, too, didn't have to think of various different color schemes.

      Delete
  4. Nice work Fitz & a little tip if your going to paint up that bit of packaging seal it with some watered down pva first or it will eat up paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for the tip! I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense.

      Delete